Well, I know it has been a very long time since my last post but I have good reason. I have been waiting for some pictures to be sent to me....and they still aren't here yet but as soon as I get them I will post them.
In the mean time.....
The second week of August the boys and I went camping for a week with my family. Shane, unfortunately had to stay home and work :(. We had a lot of fun and picked lots of huckleberries. For those of you who don't know what a huckleberry looks like here is a picture: .jpg)
.jpg)
They taste a bit like blueberries (a little tarter, but they can be interchanged with blueberries in recipes).
After getting back from camp we started to get ready for school. Drake's first day of school was on his 7th birthday. Happy Birthday? He enjoyed it anyways because he got to bring treats to school. His teacher made a big deal about it because she also has an August birthday and never got to celebrate during school. 
For Drake's birthday we had a party on Saturday. Shane's parents, and Rachel's kids got to come celebrate with us. We just had a family party at the park with my parents, Shane's parents and Rachel's kids. Drake got crayons, books, clothes, and a lizard for his birthday. The lizard is what he wanted most of all, and he had to keep his room clean to get it.
It is a sandfish lizard that yellow with black stripes. It lives under the sand and we only see it when we feed it and sometimes when we get lucky walking by and it is out. It eats crickets, and we feed it every couple of days.
This is not a picture of Drake's lizard, but it looks just like this one.
This month (September) we have had a lot going on. Shane started job hunting, and luckily we have found a job. He started Monday, the 15th, he will be doing PSR work (psychosocial rehabilitation). He is working 2 jobs this week, and having a hard time, but luckily it is just for a week.
Drake is starting swim team this week. He is still in pre-team, but they might change thing after he swims a bit. I am glad that he likes swimming, I don't think he will be the next Michael Phelps, but he enjoys it and I love swimming too so it is fun to see him enjoy it. He is going to participate in the team swim meet on Oct. 11. It will be his first meet so I hope it is fun for him.
As for Tristan and I... We are still trying to get the potty training down, it seems like a really slow process. I am trying to exercise again (but how come it is always hard to get good habits and easy to get bad ones?!). We go to story time on Thursdays but might change to Wednesdays (just depends on how things are going). We like to participate in the activities at the library. Not only are they educational but they are free and easy to get to.
Hope everyone is doing well, and as soon as I get the photos from the camping trip I will post them with more detail about the trip.




1 comment:
Update, update! I demand one! :)
Post a Comment