Sunday, March 21, 2010

'Shame on Us'

May God help us through the trying times ahead of us. Rep. Boehner (the minority leader in the House of Representatives) says just what needs to be said: "Shame on Us" for passing a bill that will bankrupt this country even more than it already is, and that will put us waiting months to be seen by a doctor.
Boehner: 'Shame on Us'
I hope this does not happen, but a Representative from the State of Massachusetts said that that is what is happening in his state. No money has been saved. No jobs have been created, and sick people are not being seen by their doctors in a timely fashion.
Shame on those Representatives that say they are voting the peoples' will. They are ignoring the will of the people. People who came out to town hall meetings in opposition of this bill. People who took time out of their daily lives to travel to Washington in protest.
Shame on the President of the United States who said that he would have an open presidency. Who said there would be no "backroom deals", no debate on a bill that C-SPAN would not be invited too. And yet when C-SPAN asked to broadcast the health care talks congress said NO. I do not believe this president is a man of his word. I believe that he will not create an executive order (which as many congressmen said today is just a piece of paper, not law) to ban public funded abortions.
I do want to say that I am not unfeeling when it comes to people's problems getting health insurance. This is not the way to achieve it. We can not force people to get government health care. The government does not solve problems. As the great President, Ronald Reagan said, "Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem..." There are many ways to help with the cost of health care and this government has not looked at any of them.
May God help us as we face the times ahead of us. Times of unemployment, and times of hardship. I thank God every day, more now than ever, that I am a member of his church and have the knowledge that if I stay faithful I can make it through any hardship.

No comments: