Shane and I left the boys with Nani and Bompi and headed off to the E Center to watch Glenn Beck's Christmas show, The Christmas Sweater. What a wonderful experience it was. We had seats on the floor, pretty close to the stage. He is such a good story teller and the story was so amazing. We have been to his other Christmas shows in the past, and they were completely different from this. The Christmas Sweater show has a live orchestra, and a wonderful vocalist, along with pictures and Glenn's wonderful ability to tell a story. The story is very moving, and if you have the chance to read Glenn's new book (which the show is a live telling of) I beg you to buy it and read it. It really helps to reinforce the meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate it.
We picked up the boys and spent the night at Shane's cousin's house. On Sunday, we went to church with Shane's aunt and then headed to the Devotional. I am so excited that Drake gets to attend the devotional with us next year, he was sad that he couldn't go this year but understood that he needed to be 8 to attend. The First Presidency Christmas Devotional is such a wonderful thing, and to experience it live is amazing. The spirit that is present there is so wonderful it is hard to describe. We had amazing seats last year, sitting so close we could General Authority watch. Last year we watched all of the Twelve come in with their families, it was so neat! This year we had great seats again. We were in about the same row back, but on the opposite side of the stage. It was harder to find the GAs, because they weren't walking in front of us. I love to listen to our leaders speak, and this was the first time I have heard President Monson speak in person since he became our prophet. As I watched, I was filled with a wonderful knowledge that he is truly a prophet of God.
One of my goals is to someday be part of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and to see them in person is so amazing. After the broadcast, as we were waiting to leave, I spotted a man with what looked like a choir folder. After making sure that it was a choir folder, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he sang with the choir. He said he did, and I proceeded to talk to him a bit about my hope of one day joining. He encouraged me to try, and said that he hoped to see me up there one day.
What a wonderful weekend! I am so excited for the Christmas season, and the opportunities it gives us to serve and to be with family. May you all have a wonderful holiday season!



No comments:
Post a Comment