For the 4th of July we had a fun and busy day. It started out with a flag raising and breakfast at a local park. We rode our bikes with my sister, her husband, and my parents down to the park. They had a flag raising, a prayer, and we said the pledge of allegiance. I am glad that I live in a place that still values our flag, our country, and that we are here because of God. After eating pancakes and sausage we rode home to get in the car and head to the parade.
After the parade we went home, got our potluck food item and headed to a family reunion in Rupert. It was fun to see my family and enjoy a nice barbeque.
We went home after the reunion and had a couple hours to relax before we headed to mom and dads to light our fireworks and watch the ones at the fairgrounds. The kids had lots of fun watching the fireworks that we purchased (I think their favorites were the chickens and tanks), and they really liked the big ones they set off at the fairgrounds. It was fun to watch them but I love fireworks, especially being able to feel the reprecussions from the explosions, and I missed feeling that because we were so far away. At least we didn't have to fight traffic to get home.



1 comment:
What a fun day! I agree with you,it is great to live in an area where the flag, God and our families still are valued.
Post a Comment