On Thursday July 17 we got the opportunity to go and watch Glenn Beck's summer comedy tour at a movie theatre in Boise. It was a lot of fun. Glenn is very funny, and has a way of saying things that everyone believes in a funny way.
The reason I mention this show is because in it he talked about what we can do if we are unhappy with the way our country is headed. He said that we get our freedom from God, and to make changes we need to listen to God as he speaks to our hearts. When I added "God Bless America" to my song playlist it reminded me of this show and how our nation really is blessed by God. I just hope that we can all teach our children how wonderful our country is because it is one where a person can make something of themselves when they start with nothing. I love this song, and I hope that our country can always remember how great it is and that it is from God that we get this great country.
I had the chance to be in a choir for a production called "Anthem of America". It was a wonderful experience. The production started with a man sitting in his easy chair turning on the TV. He got up and walked off stage as they started to have the flag brought down to stage from the back of the concert hall. The choir and orchestra performed a song from Saving Private Ryan, it gave me goose bumps. The rest of the show was kind of like "A Christmas Carol" with different people visiting the man and telling him stories about our nation and our heritage. There were stories from immigrants who moved here from eastern Europe, a letter read from Abraham Lincoln, and lots of music. I listened to many people talking after the performances and they were all touched by the music and words that were said. I felt so privelaged to be part of something so wonderful and what a great way to begin the celebration of the 4th of July and the birth of our great nation.
God Bless America
The Dog Days of Summer
10 years ago



2 comments:
I am not a talk-radio kind of person, but I loved the Glenn Beck show in Boise. The points he made were so true and I loved his humor. The production you were in was awesome, it brought tears to everyone in the audience.
I wish I had been able to go. Mom came home and said it was amazing.
Post a Comment