Monday, July 21, 2008

Patio Garden

I don't have a lot of room for a garden, but I LOVE fresh vegetables, especially tomatoes. It is also fun to help Drake raise things, and Tristan loves to help too. So we have a little garden on our back steps, all of it contained in some kind of container. I have peas, beans, cucumbers, onions, lettuce in rain gutters tied to the railings. Then I have containers with pumpkin, tomato, squash, raddishes, carrots, and a sun flower. The pumpkin and sun flower Drake planted at an activity at the Portneuf District Library, and they have done great ( I am thinking about entering them in the county fair). My garden got started a bit late, but things are looking pretty good.


When I opened the door to water the plants today I saw a butterfly enjoying the pumpkin leaves. I was really excited and so I ran back inside the house, grabbed the camera and took some pictures.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The garden looks great, I love to garden and I think your garden is beautiful.